Intro - Welcome to my blog

Hi visitor :)

This blog is for anyone who is planning to do any pilgrimage, especially the Cammino Materano. Or if you're just interested in my adventures while I wander across the hills and fields of Puglia. 

I am starting my walk end of May 2023 from Bari and walking all the way to Matera. I will be walking various distances ranging from 17 to 30 kilometers a day, sleeping at hostels, and staying with locals using Couchsurfing. One night I'll even be sleeping in a Catholic monastery (if I manage to explain myself in Italian, that is).

When planning my walk I could not find any content in English that could help me prepare for the hike. So, I'm hoping this blog will help others to make the most of their trip whether that's walking the Cammino Materano or any other Caminos. As I'm doing the Camino solo I also hope my blog will help other solo travelers out there to get inspiration. Finally, I'll be sharing my insights and observations throughout this trip about the Italian culture, walking long distances, and reflections arising from solitude.

Hope you enjoy my blog!

Don't be shy - leave a comment!




Comments

Popular Posts